Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stepping into Fall

It's still far too hot here to be wearing fall like clothing, but I'm managing. I put together a cute outfit with a few items that made me think of fall.
 

I bought this scarf from ModCloth months ago and I actually use it a lot. It's one of my absolute favorite scarves and it always reminds me of rainy fall weather. I thought it would look really cute with an old dress I have from Zara.


This outfit was super fun to put together since the scarf has such a pretty monochromatic pallet to work with. I wanted to keep the colors fun and fall, but add a few details that would keep the whole look from being too matchy-matchy. I added a dark belt, a black big, and some cute wedges I bought a few years ago from Sofft to add some versatility to the look.












dress Zara, scarf ModCloth, purse {thrifted}, shoes Sofft, bracelet (thrifted}, earrings the amber room


Also, I decided to start thinking about my fashion illustration concepts, lately I've been severely attracted to leather so I decided to do a few sketches based on incorporating leather into different outfits.  Here's what I came up with today:


Hope to see what you guys think! 


xox, a modern dame

No comments:

Post a Comment