Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Red Dress


I have been hesitant in the past to wear red, as though I assumed the color would consume me. I had a tendency to only wear black, to "blend into the crowd." Now that I feel more confident and more fashion savvy, I see red and an opportunity to "glam" up my outfits. I really love this long sweater dress for that exact thing. I can wear it casually or for a night out. I love the way the dress looks with my new jean jacket and my "Strolling Around" tights.





I absolutely love these stockings, they wildly fun and very flirty, which gives the red dress an added effect. I love the design so much, whenever I wear them I definitely get a lot of compliments, all thanks to ModCloth.   


 
This awesome little necklace is a piece Aaron bought me a while back from Copperhead's Living Jewelry Etsy account. I literally wear it all the time, it's just awesome.

I have to discuss my hair for a moment.

I hate my hair.

EXCEPT when it's curled. Thank God for curling irons or I would probably just cut off all of my hair, which I may still do. I am so envious of girls with luscious locks and well maintained hair. I wish I had it, but I was simply not blessed with such luck.

So, for those of you that glace at my blog occasionally, you've probably noticed like 85% of my wardrobe is thrifted.  I honestly don't know what I'd do without thrift stores. They are the bomb. Seriously. This jacket was only 4 bucks. It's a little big, but I don't mind. The cuffs/collar of this thing have this amazing embroidery all over. That's what caught my eye. I had to have it.


These shoes are actually one of the most comfortable pair of heels I own. I bought them at payless for $13.99 and they look cooler than some similar shoes that ran for $150.00. Never underestimate the magic of Payless.

jacket {thrifted}, sweater dress maskye, stockings & purse ModCloth, shoes Payless, necklace Copperhead 



xox, a modern dame

No comments:

Post a Comment