Monday, January 21, 2013

Steps To Maintaining A Healthy Body & Mind



I had a long conversation with Aaron's mother over Christmas about a seminar she went to which talked about toxic people in the work place. This topic didn't really apply to me, personally, but the solutions presented were amazing in terms of bettering one's health and wellness.

~

Here are the three different goals one must meet in order to truly start to have a balanced emotional and physical healthiness within themselves.

1. Exercise.

30 minutes of exercise a day can:

Relieve stress
Improve sleep
Increase interest in intimacy
Increase endurance, stamina, and energy
Increase happiness & healthiness
Reduces fatigue
Maintains a healthy weight

Reduces cholesterol 
Improves cardiovascular fitness
Increases self love
Increases motivation

Aaron and I started out by jogging two times a week for an hour, to going to the gym 4 times a week for 2-3 hours. You start to feel empowered and healthy. Your body starts to crave the healthy foods and long walks, which are so relaxing!

2. Meditation, Religion, or Yoga.

This part is to create a sense of balance in your life. All three of these are designed to relax and nourish you.

Meditation & Yoga are similar in that they help your mind be at peace, to cleanse you.

Religion helps you put your worries into the hands of something higher than yourself, which can relieve a large amount of stress and increase a healthy mental state.

I, personally, do Yoga every day. Every morning I wake myself up with a light yoga session that helps me get up and out of bed without feeling "pushed" out. I've recently been trying more meditation, which I have a harder time with. I love Tera Styles's yoga tutorials on YouTube, they definitely help get you motivated!



3. Spending time with friends.

This one, at first, I had a hard time believing would benefit my mental state, but the truth is it will and it does. I have, for the past month, been spending way more time with my friends than I typically would as the majority of my days are spent with my fiance.

When I started hanging out with my friends more, I started to feel a sense balance when I came home to my fiance. I felt like all the things I needed to get off my chest that he may not have necessarily understood, were heard and resolved, just by spending those few hours with my girlfriends/friends.

~

After utilizing these steps, I've found that I sleep better, I feel more energized, find that small issues that I would normally be upset by do not phase me in the least. I have recently started to feel really, really great about myself and my life. I'm accomplishing more of my goals and finding more peace with myself.

Not everyday is bliss, but most are and that is what keeps me going ;}



xox, a modern dame

No comments:

Post a Comment