Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY: Natural Bath Salt


Recently a friend of mine came over and made some bath salts with me. We had such a great time mixing the oils and smelling the fragrances  I had to share! Not to mention how easy this particular bath salt is to make!  I've made about 4 different ones for myself, so I thought I'd go ahead and post my most recent one, which only contains one of the essential oils: clove. 


I have really been enjoying the essential oils from Mothers Market, it's pretty close to my apartment as well which makes buying new scents easier. I also tend to favor the more floral like aromas, mainly because of the warm and sweet sensations they come with.


My favorite ones right now are: lavender, jasmine, clove, rose, and ylang ylang extract.

The benefit sensations for these particular oils are: uplifting, soothing, calming, relaxing, comforting, focusing, balancing, and romancing. 

Clove's are: warming, soothing, comforting. 


The cool thing about how easy it is to make this bath salt is how much you can do with it. It can be as simple as you'd like it or as complex. You can add different oils or even add crushed up dried plants!  I'm definitely going to try out different ways to create this stuff, but for now I'm enjoying the simplicity of this little concoction. :}


Natural Clove Bath Salt


  1.  1 1/2 cups Dead Sea Salts at Mothers (or Epsom salts at Target for $5.-)
  2. 5-10 drops of clove essential oil
  3. Stir thoroughly




I cannot emphasis enough how much I love the simplicity of these bath salts. It's super easy and such an a wonderful thing to look forward to after work. It definitely helps cleanse my skin and sooth my stresses!

xox, a modern dame

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love this idea! I'll have to try this soon! I'm going to pin it too so it's easy to find!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete