Saturday, September 29, 2012

Jaded Bowkadots & Intimate Accessories


Even though fall is fast approaching, it is still agonizingly hot here. It makes putting fall looks together a bit of a challenge, but I thought this "bowkadotted" dress and sleeveless jade button up made a great fall edition.

This look is extremely comfortable and lightweight, the fabrics are so soft, like luxurious sateen woven bed sheets that keep you cool in the summer. The heels are a fantastic touch and really pull the look together, making it more feminine and delicate, as apposed to more casual with flats or loafers, which are often my go to shoes when feeling lazy, or in this case, very hot.

I recently found that I buy all sorts of odd jewelry, but never anything too bold. This is something I've noted and want to change. You can see from the first image, I tend to find myself drawn to smaller, more intimate jewelry items, and that's fine, but fashion wise it doesn't translate well. Don't get me wrong, I like the pieces I have on in this outfit, but that's a personal opinion. I've recently found myself more drawn to those bold statement items. My purse was a thrifted find and it's definitely my lazy bag. It's cute, light, and goes with almost all of my casual looks.


dress & shirt H&M, shoes ModCloth, purse {thrifted}, jewelry {hand crafted} ring forever21, necklace silpada
 

xox, a modern dame

1 comment: