Sunday, February 24, 2013

Perfect Personal Products


Over the past 6 years I have been trying to find the perfect products for me. It's been a tough journey, but I think I'm nearly there!

I should note that, for me, it's been very difficult to find good products because my skin is very sensitive.

First of all, I take scorching hot showers, which can leave my skin very dry and irritated.

Secondly, I suffer from acne breakouts. Lame, I know.

When I was young, it was terrible. I just couldn't get my skin to look right no matter how many products or medications I took. You name it, I've tried it. Pro-Active only worked for a little while, but eventually it started to irritated my skin rather than help it,so I just learned to live with it the acne assuming it was hopeless.

As I got older, the acne cleared up (some-what, thankfully) but has never fully gone away. I started using Saint Ives products for blemish and black head control, which works pretty well, but just wasn't doing the cleaning I needed. Then I found this:


Man, this product really is a great cleanser. I'm also happy to say that since it's a 2 in 1, I rarely ever need to use anything else to wash my face! And it really does prevent my skin from breaking-out! I always have to be careful with the kinds of products I use on my skin, because if I use the wrong kind of product, my skin goes crazy! So needless to say, when this worked, I was beyond ecstatic! 

You can find this product at Target, here, for only $5.49



I love all things Aveeno. It is a godsend for my skin! I had no idea they had a shampoo and conditioner product until just last week and I am hooked! My hair has never felt richer, or finer! I honestly wish I could have taken a picture of the ends of my hair before using these products. My hair looks and feels amazing and so much silkier than it ever has. I would recommend this product to anyone with frizzy or dry hair.

Again, I'm the kind of person that takes scolding hot showers, so my skin dries out fast. I have super sensitive legs so when I get out of the shower, I use Aveeno's skin relief moisturize repair cream on my legs. It works wonders!

You can find these products here, here, and here or at any Target, Vons, Walmart, or Walgreens


Another product line I can never go wrong with is eos. Everything they make is amazing. I have been using eos evolution shaving cream for about three months and I don't think I'll ever use anything else (well, maybe Aveeno's!) I also always have eos lip balm on me. It's super cute and makes my lips feel so perfectly smooth.

You can find these products here, and here. They're also available at any Walgreens or Target.


These are samplers I got from Mothers a few months back. I pretty much use them before I put makeup on in the morning. They're really nice, but they make my skin break out (unfortunately). I love organic anything, so I do want to go back to mothers and try out some other products. I really want to find a lotion for my skin that will last and last.


I use these two products before I go to bed. The little tube is an organic "coffee bean caffeine eye cream" it brightens dark circles, lessens lines & wrinkles while nourishing with anti-aging nutrients. It also smells delicious and makes the bags under my eyes disappear!

You can find this product here

The organic body nourishing oil is probably my favorite products. It really feels amazing and a little goes a long way. I've used a lot of this, as you can see, but I've had it for 2 years!

See similar, here. You can also find this product at Target.


And lastly, my primer and concealer. I don't like using a whole lot of make-up since I have very sensitive skin. I also love the natural look, so these products are perfect for me, personally.

These are probably the most expensive products of the bunch, as they were purchased from Sephora. I'm all about cheap skate items, but sometimes a ladies needs to indulge!

Hourglass is the primer I've been using, and girls, it's no joke! A small bit will cover the majority of my face and it feels like it's coated with a silky substance. It's a perfect match for my Josie Maran foundation.

Josie Maran is a really interesting line. The concealer is made with chameleon pigments that when applied, go on white and adjust to match your perfect skin tone. It's not a "full coverage" so my skin is able to breathe. It also nourishes your skin using Organic Argon Oil. Pretty much, it's my perfect match.

You can find both products here, and here.



So, these are the products I love! What are some of yours?


xox, a modern dame


p.s. I may do a make-up post at some point, or even a "what's in your purse" post. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment