Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Cross Country Dress Swap {Featuring Things Like Skeleton Keys & Me}


Cassidy from Thing's Like Skeleton Keys & Me is someone I met a few months back who inspired me to start my personal Life&Style blog. She is probably one of the sweetest gals I have met and I am so fortunate to know her, she is what I would call a true Southern Belle. 



Cassidy is many things, she is an artist, a writer, a photographer, a wife, and a mother. She is a country lass with a flare for fashion, and these facts make me love visiting her blog, time and time again. 

Recently, Cassidy and I decided to do something really fun, we each sent each other one of our dresses to style and post in addition to featuring each other on our blogs! Here are a few images from Cassidy's shoot with my dress. 


From Cassidy:

"I loved the soft romantic look of Melanie's dress so I plaid that up with tall lace up boots (they read Victorian-countryside to me, if such a look exists) and burgundy tights.  I threw on a cozy maple sweater that spoke to the flowers on the dress.  I love wrap dresses, and think they are one of the most flattering types of dresses you can get, and they are timeless.  I think it also would be fun to wear this dress open over jeans and cinched with a skinny leather belt.  So many options!"

I love how Cassidy styled my floral Banana Republic dress wrap with her adorable tall lace up boots and long sunset-orange cardigan! It makes her look so effortlessly elegant and yet still so down to earth. I would never have thought to put boots on with that dress and looking at it now, the two seem to go together perfectly!

You can see more images from her shoot here at Thinks Like Skeleton Keys & Me



Cassidy's knack for accessorizing amazes me. I just love her little bow ring and that gorgeous long necklace. I also love how she painted her nails a yellow gold, bringing out the highlights in her jewelry! 
I am just so pleased to see her images, I really couldn't have asked for a better blogger to do this swap with, it has been so much fun! I can only hope that Cassidy enjoyed this little adventure as much as I have! 



Here are the images of how I styled Cassidy's Urban renewal dress


I really loved the teal and soft reds that Cassidy's dress had, so I decided to pair it with my teal heels and a simple red cardigan to bring out the femininity of the dress. I absolutely love how Cassidy's Urban dress hugs my waist, giving me an almost surreal looking pettiness. I thought I would exaggerate it more adding on a cute pale pink belt that I thought brought out the lightness in the dresses print. Since my look was nearly all teal and reds, I brought along my vintage maroon clutch and simple teal bracelets to top off the look. 

Below are just more images of me in this darling floral dress. I really love it and hope to get one just like it as soon as I can!














Thanks so much again, Cassidy, this dress swap as been an amazing experience! 


xox, a modern dame

1 comment:

  1. This dress suits you so well! I just love looking at these lovely photos! This was an amazing experience and that drawing is amazing, thank you for all of your sweet words, this was too fun!

    Love Cassidy!

    ReplyDelete